Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Canine Teeth

So I was at a huge concert the other weekend and was in line at the food counter for a veggie burger (figures that was the only vegetarian option, but that is for another day/post), and waiting for them to cook it. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that, when someone called out "who's waiting for a veggie burger?" that three people other than me all said they were too (and they were all men, which surprised me more ... my husband is vegetarian and gets so much shit for it because it isn't "manly" of him from other guys ... but again, another day/post). The guy in front of me who was also waiting for one got his first, and walked away telling us other veggie burger orderers how better it was for you than meat. Figures, the first reply I hear is from an older guy that turns around, two hot dogs and a burger in his hand dripping grease and mustard who said, "HA! We have canines for a REASON!" and promptly points to his canine teeth. I started laughing because both his canines were as flat as all of his other teeth and was so tempted to point that out to him, but of course I was surrounded by people who would be on his side, and I wasn't in the mood to argue.

What in the world is wrong with that guy? Who cares if we have canines? His argument obviously doesn't hold up, but the majority of the people around him would have agreed, or did. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. We're omnivores for a reason. Yes we CAN eat meat for survival, but it doesn't mean we have to. Humans were made to be able to eat various things, and live off them, but that doesn't mean we should eat everything just because we can. My thoughts are that we were made omnivores so we could choose for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, that was really helpful and inspirational! I totally agree with your comment! I haven't really researched much about being a vegetarian until just now; I started just due to cruelty to animals, and most people I say that to laugh at me. I really appreciate your opinion, please, keep posting, it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you what was wrong with him... he was probably drunk and being insensitive!

    There is no need to eat meat to be healthy as long as you are being a healthy vegetarian!

    Hang in there, it will get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete