Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rude Things People Say to Me When They Find Out I'm A Vegetarian

I mostly get things like the following when I say I'm vegetarian:

"Well, that's great, I'm meatatarian!"
or
"Mmmm this chicken is so good, do you want any?? You know you do!"
or
"I'll give you $100 to eat this burger! No, $200!"
or
"Oh, no I won't try your tacos with fake meat, I don't care if you can't taste the difference, I just need to eat meat, I can't pass it up ever!" (<--the one I get most annoyed about lately)
or
"I love all kinds of meat. You can keep your vegetables."
or
"Who cares about the animals? They are so damn good."

The list is never ending, and new comments surface constantly. Have you heard any of these? If so, what have you said to them?

10 comments:

  1. My husbad says "I belong to PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals". He thinks this is hilarious by the way. <.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you say back to these comments from people though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I don't have a comeback because they aren't willing to really hear me anyways. They are stuck in their ways. What's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might have contributed to the taco comment. I'm sorry. I'll think about what I'm saying next time. I thought I was supportive, but maybe not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, none of these things have ever come from you. :) In fact, most are from my coworkers and some from my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS how do I follow your blog MCR?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, in order to follow my blog, I'd have to have one, lol. I never got past choosing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol Well if you start one, let me know, I'd love to follow it! Follow mine too, I'd love to keep in touch with you with these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any helpful advice, but I thought you might enjoy this comic strip issue about a vegan librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Other than the occasional person who is just confused about what I do eat, most (though sadly not all) are really supportive.

    ReplyDelete