Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today at Work

Today at work I finally asked a girl at the front desk (there are two) to, when they schedule a lunch and learn with another business where they bring us food for lunch if we listen to their presentation, to let them know that we have two vegetarians that work here. This sparked a whole issue where she said she feels that it isn't something we should ask for just because of someone's diet restriction, and a free lunch is a free lunch and we shouldn't have to explain everyone's diet restrictions to them. I went into detail on my opinion, saying what if I had a food allergy (which I do to coconut)? Would you not tell them and if they brought it enjoy the fact that I can't eat it? Or if I didn't know it was in that food they brought, watch me go to the hospital because you didn't want to tell them?? /sigh I get so frustrated with things like this. Why does everyone have to give me such a hard time because I refuse to eat meat? I don't laugh in others' faces if they refuse to eat something, like cheese or ketchup. I am just so disappointed in society...I won't even get started on that, or it will be a blog entry that goes on forever haha

No comments:

Post a Comment