Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yummy Fried Rice Recipe

Hey guys! I"m going to surprise my hubby with something new tonight. We are always busy, since we both work full time and are in a band that is starting to take off around town. We try to make sure each meal is sit down, but half the time, it is quick, and the food the same, like spaghetti or tacos with the soy "meat" crumbles. Tonight, I'm going to make him this before he gets home:

This is a basic recipe for fried rice that you can add to as desired. If adding other ingredients, increase the number of eggs to 3.
Need a bit of help? Here are step by step photo instructions showing how to make basic fried rice.
Ingredients:

1 - 2 green onions, as desired
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
4 cups cold cooked rice
1 - 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or oyster sauce, as desired
Preparation:

Wash and finely chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.

Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook, stirring, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.

Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using chopsticks or a wooden spoon to break it apart. Stir in the soy sauce or oyster sauce as desired.

When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onion. Serve hot.

***Hope he likes it! If you try it, let me know if you liked it, and if you added/changed anything. :)

2 comments:

  1. OK here is my review of it! I give it 3 out of 5 stars ... it tasted SO good and was very easy to make, but I feel that with 4 cups of rice, the amount of egg and green onion wasn't enough, so I ended up doubling it last minute...and it still seemed like it could have a bit more of both. So I would change it to 4 cups of rice, 5 large eggs and 5-6 chopped green onions.

    Also, it could use more ingredients. I added some mushrooms and that is what helped it be so yummy, so def add that. Also, other veggies sauteed with the mushrooms would be good too, whatever you'd like to add! I will def make this again, just changing it a bit and adding more veggies. :) Oh and my husband loved it too hehe YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! Will have to try your version

    ReplyDelete